Friday, January 22, 2010

My Beautiful Savior

Today after school I went directly to St. Michael's to pray before the Blessed Sacrament. I spent nearly an hour lost in the embrace of my beautiful Savior, thanking Him once again for freeing me from that which had held me bound for so long. Now I am free of the hold it had on me, but, yet, in a small way I feel as if something is missing. I know what that something is now. It is the gift I had been given of an answer to prayer; a prayer I had whispered to God some time back. I had asked for the chance to suffer for the souls of priests because of my love for priests. They are God's chosen ones. They are the ones who form the bridge that connect us, the sinful ones, to God. Only they can bring us the graces we need through the sacraments of the Church. How awesome is this? And today I was asking God what next? What do You want from me next?

Now I am praying for a different form of suffering for priests; one that will involve only me and not my family. I am too weak for depression. But, I am still offering myself for this redemptive suffering for the souls of priests. They need us so much to pray and sacrifice for them. I'm not sure if people even think in these terms anymore. Suffering can bring joy, if joined with Christ on the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment