Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Dance

I looked out the window in the early evening sky
And my God was playing with me.
For I watched a show, so beautiful to behold;
Only my eyes seemed to observe.

The sun, she danced, she spiraled 'round,
Amidst lovely shades of pink.
As I looked again the brightest gold
Surrounded her heavenly orb.

I chuckled within and remembered the day
In Medjugorje when all sought that site,
Yet I yearned for nothing of the sort;
Just a song in my heart, to reassure me of Jesus' love.

I turned my gaze out the window again
To the cloud-filled sky on my right,
Where now the sun was dressed in blue,
As she circled and bounced for my joy.

While the plane soared on the dance kept going,
And the smile upon my face
Grew wider as I snickered,
And the blue turned to orange so bright.

I watched and I marvelled as He showed me
The dance, while the colors continued to change.
My heart was abounding with love for my Lord
Who had shared with me His awesome beauty.

I quietly rested my head on the window,
And inhaled thoughts of my glorious King.
So holy, so marvelous, so precious is He
To have traveled with me in His skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment