Friday, July 9, 2010

A Prayer to My Love

Sweetest Jesus, You know me intimately; not because I choose day in and day out to give myself entirely to You, but because You chose me first. Yes, as unworthy as I may seem at times, You did choose me long before I was even conceived in my mother's womb to be Your beloved. You willed me into being. Oh, how sweet is the love song that we pass back and forth between us. At times I am so overwhelmed with Your heavenly presence that I am brought to tears. Other times I just gaze on Your presence in the Blessed Sacrament and smile at Your simplicity and beauty.

Surely You have given me a real taste of what heaven will be when one day I will be surrounded with Your immense love and mercy and my "forever" will be spent bowing down before You, worshiping and proclaiming Your holiness - joining in the perpetual adoration while all participate in the ongoing heavenly liturgy. How can I wait, Jesus? How can I live without gazing on You until that time when my soul should be called to eternal bliss?

Give me the patience to wait, Jesus, for Your glorious call, when You will stretch out Your hand and grasp mine and say, "Come, child, your days of sacrifice are over. Your earthly sojourn is finished. Come now, to the place I have prepared for you."

Jesus, prepare me for this day. Make me a strong disciple and a warrior for Your cause. Always turn my eyes to You and never may I gaze upon myself in pride. It is You I yearn for. You are my Savior, my King and my Only True Source of Joy. I love You, Jesus, with all my being. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment