Friday, July 9, 2010

Once Again, The Suffering Becomes Meaningful

The terrible suffering I have endured recently because of the cruelty of the person who spoke so harshly to me has been with me daily since this person said those mean things to me. I have suffered immensely. I have lost sleep, shed many tears, and been very down at times. The human being has a great need for acceptance and love. When one is rejected and spoken harshly to, especially damned to hell by another person who was formerly a friend, it hurts a lot. The worst part is that the other person in this case does not care that he/she hurt me, nor does he/she feel that he/she wronged me by saying this. He/she feels justified and is probably feeling pretty good about himself at this time, rejoicing that he/she finally got rid of me from his/her life. That is the sad thing about the sin of pride. It makes the person feel righteous, rather than convicting the person.

While praying about it the other day, I once again recalled that for some years now, I have been asking God to let me suffer for the souls of priests. I know how Satan is attacking priests so much these days and how the Church is being attacked and thrust into the news all over the world. Satan loves this. So if I can help in a small way to atone for the sins of priests and help them regain heaven, I will do it. Suddenly, my painful emotions had a reason and I began to place them up on the cross with Jesus. I began to offer a prayer at the consecration of every single Mass I attended for the soul of a particular priest I know who I know is having difficulties. This helped ease the pain a little and it gave me a purpose for my suffering. God works in very sly ways, doesn't He?

1 comment: