Sunday, November 25, 2012

Who Am I?

Someone asked me in anger today, "Who are you?" This person tries to control me. He wants to control what I say, what I do, where I sit, everything about me. I keep this all inside. It is very hurtful. It is definitely the cross I bear. I made a promise to God to bear this for Him. I will do it out of love for God because I know God loves this person so much. I will try to love this person as God loves him. I will try to see him with God's eyes.

We must do this with the people we struggle with the most. Sometimes these are our enemies, and Jesus told us to love our enemies. Being a Christian, imitating Christ, is very difficult. He never told us this would be easy. If we could escape to a lonely island somewhere, it would be easy. But, we have to live among people. Jesus told us to love one another as He loves us. It is a struggle. It is living a counter-cultural life sometimes. I need His grace and His strength to get through this each day. If I remain focussed on the Lord Jesus Christ at all times, He will help me bear my burden and make it lighter for me. This is where I will remain; with my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment