Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Fog

Early each morning this week the fog was extremely dense as motorists crossed the causeway on their way to work. This morning as I was in that line of motorists, I thought how much it reminded me of our walk with Christ. I could not see more than fifteen feet in front of me because the blanket of fog was so dense. Yet, I had faith that if I continued on my path I would reach my final destination. All I could see, was the faint hint of a light, distant in the sky somewhere, which my senses told me, was the sun. I couldn't see the whole thing, so I couldn't verify this; just a tiny little glint of light up ahead. I continued slowly on the path that my blind faith told me would bring me to the school where I work. After I passed over the causeway and got away from the rivers, the fog cleared and I could once again see clearly, the road ahead, and the bright sun in the morning sky. I easily made it to work on time.

This reminded me of life's journey, where the road to our final destination with Christ our Lord is often difficult to see. Things get in the way and we cannot see where we are going. We have to rely on blind faith alone, and trust in God to lead us where we are meant to go. Sometimes we get lost in the fog of difficult times. Sometimes we even get completely turned around, headed in the wrong direction. But, we must look for the glint of the Son. We must seek Him and keep our eyes always on Him and follow Him, even if it means hanging on to Him by only a mere thread. We should never let Him out of our sight. If we keep Him always in our sight, then sooner or later, we will emerge from the fog and see Him once again clearly, and the road will become open and evident to us. This doesn't mean it will be an easy road, for Jesus Himself said the road would be a narrow road. But, it will be accessible to us, if we only take that road to our Lord. He has a place prepared for each and every one of us. So let us make our way through the fog and keep our eyes on the Son. He is waiting with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment