Friday, August 19, 2011

Use Me, Lord

Lord Jesus, if ever I can be of use to You, even in the slightest way, then please use me. If my eyes can be of use to see someone who needs help, needs a friend, or just needs a smile, then use my eyes to see that someone. If my ears can be of use to hear the plea of a poor person begging for food, to hear the cry of a lonely elderly person, or to just listen to someone who needs a compassionate ear, then by all means call upon me to use my ears to hear for You. If my hands can hold a love-starved child, or if they can wrap a warm blanket around a shivering homeless person, then direct me to this opportunity, Jesus. If I can but fix a simple meal and serve it in a soup kitchen, or if I can fold my hands in prayer offered for someone struggling with emotional pain, then by all means call me to this, Lord. If my lips can whisper a prayer for someone who so badly needs my intercession, or if they can say comforting, kind words to another one who has only heard harsh criticism and hateful words, then let my mouth proclaim Your love O Lord. Use me, Lord. I desire nothing more than to be Your simple disciple. For You said, "Whatever you do to these least brethren of mine, that you do unto me." I desire to treat each of my human brothers and sisters as I would treat You. I want to love them, Lord. Give me Your complete and holy love for all men. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment